REQ ID: 119389
JOB TITLE: Human Factors Specialist
SALARY: £42,500 - £56,200
POSTING END DATE: 02/10/2023
We're re-examining our vehicles and what a vehicle means in the emerging world of automation, connectedness, electrification and the shared economy. New ideas, new technology, and new approaches to mobility are our business. Join a team of next generation thinkers.
Human Factors is a forward-looking and passionate department at the very core of JLR's mission to create experiences people love for life. We act as the conscience of Product Engineering ensuring that every engineering decision is made with our clients in mind. We are responsible for truly understanding the science, physiology and psychology of what makes positive experiences for humans and we ensure that all engineering follows these principles. We are looking for a candidate to join our team and guide the development of vehicle-level experiences and user interactions worthy of a modern luxury product.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- We take the creators code very seriously. Every time you do a piece of work you will learn something new. The longer you stay with us, the broader your knowledge. Your typical duties will include:
- You will act as the leaders in guiding optimal user experience of features.
- You will be involved in the creation of holistic user experience best practise, with credible substance to its justification.
- Extraction of HMI requirements from detailed feature requirements
- You will assistant in the creation of UX concepts and prototypes
- Improvement of current working processes, tools and artefacts
- Coach and mentor other members of the Human Factors Features team.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- You will need to have emotional intelligence and wide-ranging empathetic appreciation of client feelings and experiences.
- We will want you to have humility and a thirst to expand your knowledge, both about automotive features, as well as their own inter-personal skills
- You will be excellent communicator with the ability to explain difficult ideas, with the strength to stand up for the needs of our clients.
- We want you to be an individual who is delivery and impact focussed - able to set objectives with deadlines and deliver them as promised.
- An effective team player who supports team members and builds effective relationships.
- Resilient and enthusiastic, an individual able to flex to shifting business priorities, whilst still delivering tangible outcomes
SO WHY US?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you'll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and performance related bonus scheme. All this and more makes JLR the perfect place to continue your journey.
This role may offer the opportunity for hybrid working where you can split your time between working from home and in the office. At JLR, hybrid working is a voluntary, non-contractual arrangement providing employees with more choice and flexibility around how, when and where they work, if suitable for their role. Further details can be discussed with the Hiring Manager at interview stage.
Please be aware that we may close this vacancy for applications before the stated deadline if we receive a high volume of interest. We strongly advise you to submit your application as early as possible.
JLR is committed to equal opportunity for all.