REQ ID: 114562
JOB TITLE: Project Leader
SALARY: £44,000 - £54,000
POSTING END DATE: 02/10/2023
We're re-examining our vehicles and what a vehicle means in the emerging world of automation, connectedness, electrification and the shared economy. New ideas, new technology, and new approaches to mobility are our business. Join a team of next generation thinkers.
WHAT TO EXPECT
This role is accountable for supporting the communication between Prototype Build Teams and MLA Body Chassis Engineering Squads and aids the definition, development and delivery of systems solutions, consisting of multiple interconnected components and part readiness, into JLR vehicles.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- The primary responsibility is to ensure consistent and efficient resolution of cross squad / vehicle systems issues within the control of Body Chassis Architecture squads.
- Representing Body Chassis Engineering in the Plant, as an interface between Engineering and Manufacturing.
- Liaise and Interface with multiple functions to ensure Body Chassis system compatibility is robustly delivered during the pre-production build phases (Launch).
- Provide support across the operational team on topics relating to the integration and harmonisation of multiple interconnected components including issue resolution and objective data analysis.
- Lead the successful resolution of Engineering component & system issues that are causing Manufacturing to divert vehicles into re-work
- Review pre build readiness and identify inconsistencies or disconnects, and work with requestors to reach alignment.
- Communicate key issues to the Body Chassis 1st line.
- Support the migration to Agile working and re-defining the launch environment.
- Act as coach and team builder
- Assist Squads in providing resource & skills required to deliver MLA
WHAT YOU NEED
- Good relevant experience of working in a multi-disciplinary cross functional team - ideally within a Body Chassis related sector.
- Experience in leading a team to solve complex technical issues using a structured approach.
- Relevant degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Experience in delivering a product through its launch phase through to
- Working knowledge of WERS, Alerts, JIRA and Confluence and ability to interrogate data and create dashboards.
This role will require you to occasionally work at other JLR sites
SO WHY US?
Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you'll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan and performance related bonus scheme. All this and more makes JLR the perfect place to continue your journey.
This role may offer the opportunity for hybrid working where you can split your time between working from home and in the office. At JLR, hybrid working is a voluntary, non-contractual arrangement providing employees with more choice and flexibility around how, when and where they work, if suitable for their role. Further details can be discussed with the Hiring Manager at interview stage.
Please be aware that we may close this vacancy for applications before the stated deadline if we receive a high volume of interest. We strongly advise you to submit your application as early as possible.
JLR is committed to equal opportunity for all.